Saturday, September 19, 2009

new song download: "double digit iq"


Click here to go to the MediaFire mp3 download page.

New song's done! I started writing this using CADGBE tuning, but then I talked with a friend about New Standard Tuning (CGDAEG) and decided to rewrite the riffs using that and I thought it sounded great. I actually broke the highest string while retuning and didn't bother replacing it, so this was technically recorded using CGDAE tuning.

The title is taken from a Patton Oswalt comedy routine, where he mentions that the median IQ in America is 100, which means that half the population has double digit IQs. It gets funny after that, I promise. But this country is full of idiots, for real, and that inspired me to write some riffs.

And no vocals, again. I'm putting these out individually, with their own cover art because I'm treating them as singles. That will push me to write, record, post, repeat, instead of waiting to have a collection of songs that I'm satisfied with, which is a lot more time-consuming.

No comments: